UK agencies named Azerion the best media owner to work in the IPA Digital Media Owners Spring 2022 survey.
The survey shows that 90% of respondents agree that the overall experience working with Azerion (including Inskin & Collective) has been good. Azerion was followed by Blis (89%), Mail Metro Media (84%), Hearst Digital (84%) and GumGum (84%).
While Azerion leads overall and among ad networks/exchanges, DSPs and auction houses, TikTok leads in Pure Plays online while Mail Metro Media leads in cross media owners.
The IPA’s survey of digital media owners highlights media owners who offer the highest levels of service and those who are committed to continuously improving their digital standards.
Other key findings:
- In addition to leading the overall ranking, Azerion topped four other categories, including professionalism in handling disputes; proactive communication of relevant new opportunities; ease of contact; and engender a real sense of agency/media agency partnership.
- GumGum topped three rankings, including understanding customers’ strategies and goals, understanding their own products, and providing innovative and creative solutions.
- Hearst Digital is best for quality of brief response and demonstration of how cross-media opportunities can be leveraged.
- Reach leads the direct contact communication with customers while MiQ dominates the regular face-to-face or telephone contact with the sales team.
- Among media owners who also appeared in the Fall 2021 survey, Reach is the most improved owner with increases of 10 percentage points or more in eight categories.
- Hearst saw a similar improvement in seven categories, while TikTok and Sky both improved by 10 percentage points in six categories each.
As life begins to return to normal after a couple of extremely disruptive years, it’s hugely encouraging to see so many media owners improving across multiple categories. It is essential that media owners and agencies work closely together to maintain high standards at all levels and ensure advertisers’ success. Congratulations to Azerion for coming out on top in the Spring 2022 IPA Digital Media Owners Survey.
Amy Lawrence, Chief Digital Officer, MediaCom and President of IPA Digital Marketing Group
The IPA Digital Media Owner Survey is published twice a year, in the spring and fall. For each survey, a panel of planners, strategists, buyers and digital specialists rate only the media owners with whom they have a working relationship against a set of attributes on a seven-point scale ranging from strongly agree to strongly disagree.