Nadia L. – Class of 2020
Become a member of the global NU alumni community.
LESSONS OF THE WEEK
The BA in Digital Media Design program consists of four-week courses.
IN SAN DIEGO
National University is the largest private, non-profit university in San Diego.
Help shape the way the modern world works, learns, communicates and performs with a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Design. Social media, games, animation, and educational content all rely on the expertise of digital media designers to engage users and guide their experience. This Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media program provides hands-on experience using the very latest tools and technologies that make up today’s media arts workspace. As a Digital Media Design Diploma student, you will master the latest methodologies used for visual communication in business, marketing, education, and entertainment.
The knowledge and experience gained in digital media design courses prepare you for a transmedia and visual future that integrates web design, audio, video, special effects, layout and design, creation and image editing and game design.
Program learning outcomes
- Develop a personal vision in the creation of original multimedia content.
- Examine current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Demonstrate oral, visual and written communication skills with clients, project managers and members of the media production team.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Explain legal and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.
- Create active and interactive content with graphics, animation, sound and video using media creation software.
Click here for information on program specific courses.
Meet our faculty
Why choose the national university?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based non-profit organization. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible and achievable higher education for adult learners. Today, we educate students in the United States and around the world, with more than 180,000 alumni around the world.
Four week course
Focus on one topic at a time – one month at a time – and finish your degree faster.
Over 75 study programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, along with credentials and certificates.
On campus or online
Study when and where it suits you with evening, weekend and 100% online classes.
Registration all year round
Apply or transfer anytime. Classes start monthly and applications are accepted year round.
Attend classes and learn on the spot at one of more than 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to service members and dependents.