- Ongoing full-time opportunity for a creative digital learning designer to drive high impact learning experiences for staff across the university
- Provide advice and feedback on digital and blended learning approaches to enhance learning and staff development
- Base salary $ 97,975 – $ 106,738 + 17% retirement
About the opportunity
Our Organizational Development (OD) team is going through an exciting period of development and transformation. Accordingly, we are looking for a Digital learning designer advise on contemporary digital learning practices and solutions and provide expertise on digital design and related technologies. By deploying your user-centered thinking, you will develop digital content integrated with the tools, resources and communications of the day to create a seamless learning experience.
In this role, you will work in partnership with specialists from the OD team and other HR centers of expertise to create holistic and integrated digital learning solutions for portfolio-specific or company-wide implementation. university. In constant pursuit of high quality content, you will organize tailor-made learning materials taking a co-design approach with your stakeholders and clients.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- create engaging digital learning content including graphics, workbooks, video content, images and digital learning content to support an enhanced learning experience
- advocate for new software and tools to increase the ability to create high quality contemporary content
- partner with the university’s brand teams to ensure brand alignment and develop a suite of graphics and design elements to apply to OD solutions
- partner with LMS consultants and HR systems teams to get the most out of LMS functionality in creating learning content at key times
- apply a project management approach by working with both internal stakeholders and e-learning providers, overseeing content development and alignment with brand models, design protocols, etc.
- support an increase in governance and learning design capacities by establishing tools to analyze, design and assess learning needs
- share industry knowledge and learnings from the university community of practice across the function.
- technical ability and experience in digital and graphic design in relation to the design of learning programs, including contemporary content creation software
- proactive consultation with stakeholders and customers, delivering digital learning solutions tailored to the needs within a multidisciplinary and complex organization
- strong initiative in problem solving and ability to effectively communicate complex processes and concepts to relevant stakeholders
- creativity and avant-garde in the development of digital learning materials for a high demand clientele
- exceptional presentation, communication and influencing skills to deliver messages across a variety of channels to diverse audiences
- the ability to operate with a high degree of tact and professionalism at all levels of internal environments and various suppliers
- flexibility in their organizational and planning abilities to balance competing schedules and demands in a fast-paced, time-constrained environment.
Please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from December 24, 2021 to January 9, 2022 inclusive.
To ensure the safety of our community, please be aware of our COVID security precautions which are our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a permanent position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered on a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on the requirements of the area of employment and the position.
Your employment is conditional on the completion of all required pre-employment roles or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on you satisfactorily maintaining all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not comply with these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including terminating your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of various cultural and linguistic origins; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any other additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
For University employees or casual workers, please log into your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion of the position, or if you require a reasonable adjustment or support to complete this application, please contact Nayomi Siriwardane, Recruitment Operations, by email at [email protected] to.
© Sydney University
The University reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Click to view the job description for this role.