Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Theater of Digital Art (ToDA) and Generative Gallery are thrilled to bring a multi-dimensional art exhibition that represents the imaginary world to the Dubai gallery space of 23rd November 2021. For the first time in Dubai, ToDA and Generative Gallery will also present a unique immersive, non-fungible experience (NFT) with seven international modern artists during the .dreams exhibition, held at the Digital Art Theater of the Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai.
The dazzling exhibition will feature immersive artworks taking visitors on a groundbreaking journey into a world of visual dimension, similar to the limbic system, which processes emotions and memories during sleep. Co-curated by ToDA and Generative Gallery, visitors can see the digital art of the future with an incredible ocean of color.
Daria Prodaevich, Artistic Director of ToDA commented“Art has crossed all boundaries because it is one of the few things where the viewer alone can define the meaning, similar to that of a dream. With Generative Gallery, we are delighted to be able to introduce advances in art. ‘digital art, enabling international artists to create pieces that can now be seen and enjoyed around the world’.
At the same time, visitors to the .dreams exhibition will discover a wide selection of modernized NFT art with unique physical and digital works, which guests could purchase in crypto or on a card with little more than the swipe of a smartphone.
The non-fungible token (NFT) has become a buzzword in the digital art sphere, with new forms of supply and demand emerging in the UAE alongside online platforms as a product of new technologies. These types of NFT artworks provide modern ways for people to view, buy and sell digital artworks and can be worth millions of dollars.
“For the .dreams exhibition, we have created a special limited edition of the NFT series. The works of Aizek, AUJIK, Daniel Rossa, László Bordos have been transformed into physical objects so that you can take part of the experience with you. The edition of each work is 20 copies, and by purchasing the item you get both the artwork in a beautiful custom frame and the NFT becoming a crypto collector,” congratulated Ivan Nefedkin, founder of Generative Gallery.
The main program will feature digital artwork by seven international media artists:
- Laszlo Zsolt Bordos is a 3D and multimedia artist living in Budapest, Hungary. In 2000 he started showing his abstract 3D animations as a VJ, performing in Budapest’s underground party culture. With his early 3D vjing (2001-2004), his participation in large-scale architectural slide shows (2002-2005) and his outrageous video projections and 3D mapping projects (2006-present), he has become a pioneer of the genre. .
- MAOTIK, is a French digital artist who focuses on immersive experiences, interactive installations and audiovisual performances. Known for his immersive domed performances, Maotik designs his own audio-visual tools, generating real-time visual content from algorithms and creating 3D worlds to transform perceptions of space.
- Francois Quevillon is an artist from Montreal (Canada) who explores the phenomena of the world and perception through the implementation of processes sensitive to their fluctuations and to contextual elements. His work addresses global changes as well as those affecting contemporary media, such as the relationship between algorithms and images. He studies how technology alters human cognition, culture, the environment, our relationships to space, time and each other.
- Kohui is a multimedia artist based in Korea. Her work presents new perspectives through the fusion of sight and sound, striving to interact with sensory experience through various approaches in virtual environments. His work is, in particular, focused on the generation of landscapes in algorithmic processes inspired by natural phenomena while also considering the relationship between sound and people, society and nature.
- Daniel Rossa is a multimedia artist based in Germany. The recreation of the links between the digital world and the existing reality is the main axis of his work, motivated by the need to bring together virtual and real reality in a physical and immediate aesthetic experience.
- AUJIK, aka Stefan Larsson, born in Sweden, lives and works in Otsu, Japan. AUJIK’s multimedia works have been featured in galleries, museums and festivals around the world, including Prix Ars Electronica, SIGGRAPH Asia, CMoDA Beijing, Japan Media Arts Festival, Beijing Contemporary Art Expo 2021. AUJIK works with the computer animation, AR, VR, photography, clothing, painting, music and installations.
- Aizek – is a media artist from St. Petersburg, Russia. He works in the fields of live audiovisual performance with an immersive installation approach. In particular, his works explore the space between digital and physical entities by creating a hybrid relationship between media arts and artificial life.
The exhibition will include 3 unique art zones. The main area will feature 40 minutes of immersive digital art content taking visitors to a different world. The second area will help viewers dive into the space of dreams by providing additional information about the exhibition with exclusive artist interviews as well as information about NFT, including a limited edition infinity item with NFT frames , available for purchase. And the last room will feature unique artworks from additional artists.
For more information on the .dreams exhibition, visit https://toda.ae/en/ or follow social media: @todadubai (Instagram), Theater of Digital Art Dubai (Facebook).
© Press Release 2021